Tuesday, October 28, 2008

June 10

Well, we haven't officially announced this to the world yet, but for anyone who still checks this to see if anything new is on here, you get a special treat! We are pregnant! After 5 years of trying for a second child, the Lord has answered our petitions of Him! The total God part is that we had completely quit trying as I have a herniated disc in my lower back that cause sciatica. It can be severe, and I was waiting to see a neurosurgeon to find out how bad it was. God thought this would be a good time to surprise us! I am due June 10, which was the same due date as Camden's! God is so good!

I am about 7 1/2 weeks along by measurement, 8 weeks tomorrow by due date. We had our first ultrasound last Thursday, and everything looked good! We heard and saw the heartbeat which was 127 bpm. I was 7 weeks and 1 day, but I measured 6 weeks 4 days. They don't want to change the due date yet, and I certainly don't want them to! It's too cool the way it is. They said that everything looked good and that I had probably ovulated on like day 18 instead of day 14 and that would explain the difference in measurement. The due date is just a guess anyway. Kind of a time to look forward to and have your ducks in a row. Of course, Camden was 3 1/2 weeks early. Some of my ducks were still swimming around the pond when he arrived, so I'll be better prepared this time! I have been talking to the baby trying to convince him or her to wait at least till Memorial Day to make an appearance. (I originally said Labor Day as I often get the two confused, but I had to quickly correct myself as Labor Day is totally out of the question!)

We have our 2nd ultrasound this Friday. I should be at or closer to 8 weeks either way, and things should have changed a lot by then. I'll post pictures after that visit. The baby will be bigger and easier to see by then.

We are praising God for how wonderful He is. Camden is truly excited to be a big brother, and he tells people he will be a good big brother. We think so too. He is so helpful and really loves the baby already. He is trying to help us think of names, except he really thinks outside the box. He is reading very well already using phonics, so he puts letters together for names by the phonics. A few of his names so far have been: Oxo, Clugh, Oraen, & Erec (to be different than him & Daddy). He comes up with many everyday. Camden would like to have a baby brother, but he thinks the baby will be a girl. I know he'll love a sister, but I'm sure he's thinking of having a brother to play with down the road. Either way, it will be fun! He even graciously is giving up his playroom (eventually) to make a nursery for the baby. My sweet little man is so loving toward his sibling!

Sounds so weird to say that! It's been so long. I'm doing pretty well, although I have an aversion to smelling or thinking about food. We've eaten out way too much as I really have a hard time cooking anything. It's either hit the fast food or buffets so that I can eat pretty much as soon as I first smell it. Otherwise, I get really nauseated. Thankfully, I don't have morning sickness like so many do. I just get indigestion and nausea all day long. I'm just glad to not have to stay at the big white throne like others!

Well, I'll end here for now. Sorry it's been so long. If there are any readers still out there, thanks!

6 comments:

Kam said...

Renee, I realize we have never met, but I'm friends with Eric and it's great to hear such wonderful news. I pray God will bless your pregnancy and I will try to check in on the blog from time to time. My wife also keeps a blog . . . it's just a great way to keep up. Tell Eric I said hello.

God Bless,

Jason Roberts
jasonandkam.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Renee
I think God for the blessing we have, you are a special child and I know that this child will be beautiful and special as Camden.
Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

Even though I already knew, it was nice to read about. (I coerced Eric into giving up the news - it wasn't his fault. :) ) And now I get to tell you congratulations as well. We're praying for you.

Petra said...

YEA!!! Congratulations and I pray you have a smooth pregnancy!

Renee & Eric said...

Thanks guys! We are excited. The ultrasound today went well, and I hope to put the pics on here soon. We're happy to tell the world now that I'm 8 weeks and everything looks good!

turtletrain said...

I got a great suprise today when I clicked on your blog site! I am so thrilled for you guys! God is so good! He gave us a child when we gave up also. My c-section is Dec. 12th. Please keep us posted!

Susan Miller