Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Boy has a name!

As for the name....drum roll please...we are calling him Mark. It will either be Ryan Mark or Mark Ryan. We haven't decided for sure on order, but we will call him Mark. We all wanted to call him Ryan, but I couldn't subconsciously quit referring to him as Mark. I would wake up and feel him move and think "Hi Mark!". I would get ready to work on the room and think "I need to get the bedding put on in Mark's room." I had been praying multiple times a day, and I know Eric had prayed some about it too (just not sure on his frequency) that the Lord would show us the perfect name for this child. It was driving me crazy that he didn't have a name when we first layed eyes on him (at the ultrasound...we knew by then with Camden that that was his name), and I had no peace until we decided. We tried to decide to call him Ryan for a few days, but I couldn't quit calling him Mark. Eric felt good about calling him Mark, and Camden finally said yesterday that he changed his mind and wanted to call him Mark too. So, with that consensus, we feel good announcing it to the world! I really think that was the Lord's way of anointing the name! In case you missed it somehow, Mark is due June 10. :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I think Mark is the perfect name...(esp since you have a BSU child named Mark and you are so proud of him and wanted your own to follow in his footsteps!!!) haha :)

Renee & Eric said...

That's funny! I hadn't thought of that, but maybe subconsciously??? Camden was almost Camden Mark, but I wanted him named after Eric. So, it seemed like a good choice this time.

I am very proud of my BSU son Mark :)(actually, most of my 7 BSU children...I would say all, but I don't know where some are or what they're doing!).

We are actually pretty picky about what names we use because of people we know with the same names, so your Mark should feel privileged that he has worn the name well enough for us not to veto! ;)

Denise :) said...

Okay Renee, it's time for an update! :)